Henna Body Art
The Natural Way
Henna is a life giving and therapeutic experience for anyone who wants to get in touch with their inner self. It has a history of spirituality, and is probably the oldest art form known to man.
Henna is the most natural and painless way to get a temporary tattoo that will last for weeks.
Our Henna is completely organic and safe for the skin. We mix our own henna from dried ground leaves from the plant Lawsonia Inermia, lemon juice, and essential oils.
This paste is then inserted into a celophane cone that becomes the artist’s tool.
Henna aftercare Instructions:
Henna paste is made out of leaves from the plant Lawsonia Inermis. The leaves are left to dry, then ground into a powder. Essential oils and lemon juice are added to the powder, and placed into a cellophane cone. We mix our own henna so there are no chemicals or preservatives in it. We use only organic henna, and it’s completely safe for skin.
- The henna paste take about 15 to 20 minutes to dry. Henna stains instantly, so be very careful not to smudge it!!!
- When paste is dry it will crumble and slowly peel away. Leave paste on as long as possible, at least 2 to 4 hours. The longer the paste is on, the darker the stain will get.
- After 2 hours (or longer) gently peel any remaining paste. It’s better to avoid water for the first 12 hours, but not completely necessary.
- After 24 hours, apply olive oil, coconut oil or any natural moisturizer. That will help prevent skin exfoliation, and prolong the life of your henna.
- Avoid chlorine, soap and detergents – chapstick is great to protect your henna from it if needed 😉
- Henna takes 24 to 48 hours to darken, since it needs to oxidate with the air. The stain will initially have a bright orange color, gradually darkening to a beautiful deep brown work of art.
Enjoy your Henna!!
Areas of Service
We serve all areas of Connecticut and Southern Massachusetts including : West Hartford, Farmington, Avon, Simsbury, Bloomfield, Windsor, South Windsor, East Windsor, Windsor Locks, Granby, East Granby, Hartland, Manchester, Glastonbury, Rocky Hill, Newington, Wethersfield, Hartford, East Hartford, New Brittain, Plainville, Bristol, Burlington, Canton, Harwington, Plymouth, Wolcott, Cheshire, Southington, Berlin, East Hampton, Hebron, Marlborough, Colchester, Portland, Middletown, Middlefield, Meriden, Somers, Cromwell, Prospect, Middlebury, Vernon, Enfield, Ellington, Suffield , Springfield area, and much more!